Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Uncle Rimas' 1st sock completed

Wow...I'm blogging two days in a row!

Today I finished the first of a pair of socks for my Uncle Rimas in Seattle! He's a great potter, and I have been the beneficiary of some of his work! Turn around is fair play...and so I told him I'd knit him a pair of socks. The sock pattern, Baby Cable Rib, is from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch.

I started knitting this pair of socks on the flight back from Ireland. I continued picking it up during the month of November...but then everything came to a stop as I launched into my Christmas knitting. Now that Christmas has come and gone, and I've started so many other projects, I've returned to this one; partly feeling a little guilty that this has taken me so long. I am going to cast on the second sock tonight, with the hope that I'll stay on task and get the second one knitted a little faster!

No comments: