Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sock update

I don't feel this has been a very productive week...well, almost 2 weeks (since my last post). I finally finished the first of the Seduction socks and have cast on , knit the leg and started the heel flap of the second sock.
In the meantime, my order from KnitPicks arrived. They had all of their books on sale for 40% off...I had to invest in a few: The Knitting Answer Book by Margaret Radcliffe, Book of Patterns by Ann Budd, Favorite Socks from Interweave, More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. I couldn't help myself and had to order sock sock yarn. I ordered some new Felici (superwash Merino and Nylon) in Clay and immediately cast on a pair of Jaywalkers by Grumperina. I also ordered some Essential Solid in dusk and will be casting on Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt from the Interweave collection book. While knitting my Jaywalkers, one of my brand new Ebony Lantern Moon Sox Stix broke :(.


This past week, my friend Annie wound 2 skeins of Koigu for me. I purchased these a couple of weeks ago and just found the "perfect" pattern - Mad Color Weave by Christine (Tina) Lorin http://woolgatheringandmore.blogspot.com/2007/05/mad-color-weave-pattern-now-available.html .
I also spent some time on the baby blanket I'm knitting. It measures 24 X 19...not much more to go and that will be finished...YEAH! Just in time - baby due next month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blocker! The Felici is really pretty. :)

Sourire11 said...

Oooh that koigu is beautiful. I have yet to try that... can't wait to see how it knits up!

Stepho said...

I also snapped one of my sox sticks the first day I owned it! I was extremely mad about that, since they didn't come cheaply. I wonder if there is a way to buy just one as a replacement?