Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm Back!

As I wrote in my last post.....oh so long ago...I've been wrapped up in Ravelry. Time spent on that site has drawn me away from my blog. I knew it had been awhile since I wrote a post...but I really didn't realize that it has been this long!

Since my last post, I spent 2 weeks in Ireland with the Cleveland Irish Players. We had great weather and loads of fun. There were horses in the field in front of the house where we stayed. I even got a bit of knitting done while I was there, although not nearly as much as I had hoped. We returned the first week of November and suddenly the realization that Christmas would be here before I knew it set it. I had projects to decide on and get started. I decided this would be the year of slipper socks and belts, so I bought several skeins of Berrocco Comfort and started knitting. In all I cranked out 4 pairs of slipper socks, 6 belts, 2 pairs of Fetching Fingerless gloves, a pair of Dashing fingerless gloves, a felted buttonhole bag, and a hat. I was glad to get those projects done!
Right now I have too many projects on the needles (see project pics on Flickr)!:

I started a sweater for my husband. It's a top down sweater which I am knitting with Berrocco Comfort. The yarn is a little splitty but really soft and not hard to work with.
I started knitting a Lucy bag with Noro Kureyon before Christmas, but the project was put on hold. I pick it up now and again - little better than half way done on that purse.
I have the first sock finished of Monkey Socks and Embossed Leaves...have to get to the second sock of each. I have started a Lily of the Valley Sock and a Crusoe Sock. I'm nearly done knitting a pair of socks for a toddler and am near the toe of the first sock of a pair of socks for my uncle, the potter.
I stopped for a couple of days to knock out an umbilical cord hat for a friend at the gym. And this past weekend I started a prayer shawl for a friend battling breast cancer.
That's quite a few projects when you consider this is only the third week of January!
I have a sock story to share after the first weekend in February - it involves a gift for a friend! Until the next time...happy knitting!

2 comments:

Sourire11 said...

Welecome back to the blog!

It looks like your trip was amazing - Ireland is somewhere I've always wanted to go. And that's quite the list of Christmas knits for only working on them for a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Well, surprise, surprise! keep blogging!