Friday, March 30, 2007

Lacy Fixation Socks

Did you ever have one of those...I just don't get it moments? I wrote initially that I wasn't sure about the direction to put the heel stitches on waste yarn...I've never done that before and kept telling myself to trust in the directions.

Here's what happens when you don't read those directions carefully and jump to conclusions...I picked up the stitches as instructed and distributed them on 3 needles, as instructed. The directions then say to complete the heel as for toe shaping of Seashell shorties, Shape toe, p. 2. I went to page 2 and what do you think I did???? I followed the directions for the heel...after all I was knitting the heel. I was on the gusset before I realized that something was terribly amiss...how was this going to attach to the foot that had already been knitted?!?! This is when I started to look at this a little closer and went back to read the instructions...RIP, RIP, RIP! After spending last evening on knitting the heel, and this evening ripping out what had been knitted, I'm back on track. I will let you know how this works out.

Why is it that knitting, can at times, be sooooooooooo frustrating???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! However, I think the problem might be that you are not spending enough time with your knitting friends, and your mojo is off. Just sayin'...