Monday, February 4, 2008

Cool socks

This past week I got back to working on several projects...knit a few more inches on a sweater for my husband and a few more inches on a Lucy bag for myself...Then I got distracted again! I received a skein of the new Berroco Comfort Sock yarn. The yarn itself is very pretty...my colors...soft shades of green, blue and beige/brown. I then proceeded with my search for the right pattern...and found one in the Sensational Knitted Socks book. The pattern is called crosshatch. Then, of course, I had to cast on and see how it looks. I've turned the heel and am picking up the gussett. I must say, it's a nice pattern for the yarn! When I finish the first sock, it will go on display at Birds of a Feather (a local yarn shop).
This picture is a little dark - no flash used, but it shows off the pattern in all of its glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Ras, and thanks for the head's up on the contest!