Saturday, June 9, 2007

Another pair finished

I finished the second of my Fixation socks - see April 29th post...how time flies...didn't realize it took so long to knit the second sock!

The Crystal Palace Panda Cotton arrived in the mail - what wonderfully soft yarn! I could not resist any longer and had to cast on my Victorian Lace Socks that I'm knitting with the Six Sox Knitalong group. It is really a pretty pattern! As you can see, I just turned the heel and am starting the gusset.

I have also cast on a baby blanket for a friend. The pattern is Rib Check Baby Blanket found at http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_blankets.php . I am knitting is using a strand of Dreambaby DK and a strand of Dreambaby Kokonut DK (sadly no longer available). The blanket is being knit on Size 9 circular needles. I have to thank The Yarn Shop in Columbus (http://www.yarnshoponline.com/) for locating the yarn. Kokonut is such nice yarn and was discontinued 2 years ago...but there is still some of it out there if you look hard enough!

For those in the Cleveland area, Yarn Knit by Sue is moving from their location at 22580 Lorain Road and is having a 40% off sale. See details at http://www.yarnknitbysue.com/. Well worth the trip. My sock stash grew - Trekking XXL, Austermann Step with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil, Wildfoote, Froelich, Regia Silk Color. That will keep me busy for a while.

Today was International Knitting in Public Day and I went to one of my favorite yarn shops, River Colors to knit outdoors. What a beautiful day for it! By the way, River Colors (http://www.rivercolors.com/) is having their annual sale through the 16th, and of course...I had to buy yarn. I bought some of my favorite felting yarns for purses...Manos del Uruguay. Aren't they great colors?!

Knitting awaits me...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stash enhancement! And oh my goodness, the Victorian lace sock is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Those lace socks are incredible! sorry I couldn't make river colors on Sat.--best intentions to be there, but the day got away from me. You have been making the rounds in town, haven't you?!

Sourire11 said...

Ack! I missed both of those wonderful yarn events! Probably for the best... I definately do not need any more yarn... but I totally want more!