Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weekly Update

I finished the first of my Victorian Lace Socks and am nearly finished with the second - about 2 inches of the foot and then the toe to go! These really are beautiful socks and the yarn feels sooooo good!

This week, I also got a chance to spend some time on the baby blanket started last week. I have 9 inches done. I spent an afternoon at the car dealer's getting my vehicle repaired and spent the time working on the blanket. Time well spent...although pretty expensive.

A friend of mine also helped my stash grow. She passed on some lace weight yarn (light blue) and a pattern for very pretty lacy socks using that yarn. This pair of socks will be lovely...but it will be a while before I start on the project. She also passed on more lace weight yarn (pink variegated) that will probably become a shawl in the future, as well as 2 skeins of Euroflax in bright red and dark blue. I have a T-shirt planned for next year, but needed 3 more skeins. I purchased 3 skeins of natural linen that looks so nice with the other 2 skeins.


No comments: