Friday, June 27, 2008

Where I've Been

How quickly time passes! Right after my last post, I found out that my sister's dream was coming true - she, and her husband, were selected to be the adoptive parents of a baby to be born on March 8! Our joy was cautious...the birth mother could still decide to keep her baby, but I launched into baby knitting projects right away. All of the other projects were put on hold...to be finished at some time in the future.

I started out knitting a crib blanket to match the selected fish pattern bedding - feather and fan created the wave pattern. The yarn I used was Berrocco Nostalgia, which has a nylon thread running through it to giving it a hint of shimmer.Shortly after I started, I realized it was not an approriate layette blanket, so I stopped and started the layette blanket. This was knit using Dreambaby and Kokonut together - it creates the softest blanket. I had some Kokonut stashed, as sadly it is no longer available.

When I finished the blanket, I launched into a sweater,


booties,


and a hat.


The baby, a boy named Luke Alexander, was born on March 8! He is a healthy, happy, growing little boy! I am so happy for everyone! Of course, other projects are already being planned for little Luke.


In the meantime, another couple had a baby and I knit a sweater for their baby

and now I'm finished up another baby sweater for a July shower. I've also knit 2 1/2 pairs of socks and have a few other projects in my queue. If you are on Ravelry, check me out - I'm Rasaknits!

1 comment:

Library Mary said...

Rasa....thanks for leaving the comment on my blog and I appreciate the prayers for my friend.

Hope you are well.

M