Saturday, February 17, 2007

scarf, socks, sweater

Here's my knitting update. The second sleeve of my husband's sweater is just past the halfway point. I try to knit a few rows on it every day, but other projects keep getting in the way...

I am really excited about my blue sock! The change in needles was a huge improvement. I'm knitting the foot now and the fit is way better! These are really going to be nice spring - summer socks, as the yarn is merino, cotton and acrylic. I do keep looking at more Interlacements Tiny Toes Yarn. I really love the pair I have...and just want more!!


In the meantime, I washed my winter jacket and mistakenly decided to throw my very first knit scarf in the washer with it - I was washing with cold water...well, what do you think happened...I now have a felted scarf - still wearable, but I'm not happy with it. Luckily, I had purchased some yarn at a couple of months ago at a yarn store closing...and of course, it does match my jacket. I started knitting the Irish Walking Scarf out of it - it will be striped.

No comments: